Writing Content with SEO in Mind
Now that you have some of the more technical information out of the way about SEO, let’s focus more on creating and writing content with SEO in mind for your audience. Again, the content that you put on your website is one of the most important SEO factors. Plus, it’s one of the most important things about your website because that’s partly why your audience visits it. For a more comprehensive guide, check out our article on how to write content for Google.
· Research Keywords – Use one of the tools mentioned above to research keywords. Make a list of them. Start with the least competitive keywords. Put them in a spreadsheet and start creating content around them based on your upcoming promotions.
· Plan Your Content in Advance – Don’t just start writing and creating content without planning. When you have your keywords, either create products that match the keywords, or find products that you can promote. Then, put it on your editorial calendar so that you can plan it all out well. You’ll need blog posts, emails to promote blog posts, memes and blurbs for social media to promote the blog posts. Plus, you need content to promote and educate about the problems your products and services solve.
· Use Keywords Wisely – Don’t get carried away with keywords. You don’t want more than 2 percent. Too high a keyword density or your site will be considered spammy, and the content will not be fun to read. Remember to use a different main keyword for each page.
· Mind Your Formatting – Another important aspect of SEO and content is the formatting. Use good keyword titles and keyword subheadings; use the H1, H2, etc.… tags to show the search engines what’s important and what the content is about. Plus, it’ll make it easier for your audience to read.
· Include Images – A website looks better with images, and it breaks up the text. Plus, a good image can explain a concept and create a mood in the reader that you desire from them. When you do include images, don’t forget to fill out the alt-tag description of each image.
· Don’t Over-Optimise – When you seek to optimise your site with SEO, don’t get carried away. More isn’t always better. Stick to the guidelines and avoid making your site unusable to your audience.
· Update Your Site Regularly – Not only should you ensure that all the technology you use for your website is updated, you need to also make sure that you have updated content on a regular basis. You don’t have to blog daily, but the more relevant, accurate, and targeted content you post, the better.
Search engine optimisation is the best way to get organic traffic to your website so that you can solve their problems. If people can’t find you, they won’t know how much you have to offer them. If you think about it, if you don’t use updated SEO practices and work to provide the best experience to your audience that you can, they’re going to miss out. Then you’ll miss out.