Finally, remember what’s important about social media. Being social. Social media is nothing if it’s not a conversation between users. It’s your job to keep that conversation going. You can get far with social media marketing if you remember a few major points that is true of any social media you decide to use.
- Complete Your Profile — This is very important because without a profile that is a true depiction of yourself and your company you won’t get very far. People don’t like doing business with people they can’t see and they’ll view you as dishonest if your profile is incomplete.
- Know Your Target Audience — If your target audience is not using a particular social media then you don’t need to use it for business either. It would be a waste of time. But remember that what is true today may not be true tomorrow. It’s important to keep your eyes open and continually research your market.
- Create a Strategy — Don’t rush into creating profiles on various social media accounts until you have created your over all social media strategy. This will entail setting goals, discovering your audience, and knowing what your message will be and which social media networks you will be involved in.
- Set Goals — Each social media you use may have many of the same goals, but each campaign you conduct should have its own goal be it to increase newsletter sign ups, sell more xyz product or service, expand brand awareness or something else entirely. Each campaign will be driven based on the goals and the knowledge you have of your target audience.
- Create Actionable Steps — From your strategy and your goals you’ll need to create actionable steps that you can take each day of the year to reach your goals. Who will do it, when will they do it, and how will they do it, and what will they do? If you can’t answer that you’re not ready to continue.
- Automate — Whether this means outsourcing to a service provider (VA) or by using applications and plugins then do so. Just remember that using technology or help does not release you from the important component of socialising on social media. Look at the time savings as more time to spend being social.
- Listen & Learn — Never stop listening to your audience or learning from your mentors about how to implement social media correctly into your business. You’ll never regret taking the time to learn something new.
- Do It — After you’ve set your goals and created the steps necessary to reach your social media goals then it’s important to actually carry out the steps. Stick to your plan and you’ll see definite action which will eventually lead to massive action.
- Follow Up — It’s important that for every action you take on social media that you follow it up with studying the metrics to see if your plan is working. It’s working if it’s reaching or succeeding your goals. If it’s not doing that, you may need to retool your plans.
- Do it Again — Don’t give up, keep going. You’ll see the most results from multiple efforts and multiple goals for each social media account that you decide to use. Keep at it, perseverance is key when it comes to the social side of business and social media marketing.
Today social media is a vital business tool that you need to use to ramp up all your marketing efforts. Social media can give you a boost as well as make you feel more connected to your audience. You’ll discover more about your audience than you ever thought possible creating a massive wave of new ideas that you never thought were achievable.