How We Did A 300% Increase in Traffic in 6 Months
About Our Client
The client has an established business in a suburb of Boston in the US. The client’s two business partners have a vast amount of experience and they have employed a great team consisting of five other employees. With respect to our client, we have anonymised their business.
The website was getting traffic when we first started working with them, but not at the consistently high levels needed to sustain their business goals. Further, though they were ranking for some of their target keywords, their main competitors were ranking higher.
The goals of our client were to:
Improve traffic and maintain
Rank in the top position for their keywords
Drive more relevant visitors to their website
Upon analysing our client’s existing properties, we found the following problems:
> Target keywords were directing the traffic to the homepage instead of relevant landing pages.
> Competitors had individual pages with good content ranking for the same set of keywords, while the client only had the homepage to rank the keywords.
> There were some links back to the homepage, but none of them were contextually relevant.
The website structure lacked organisation, which prevented the site from ranking for the target keywords.
This is how the initial site structure looked:
The page targeting their target keywords that would provide them with the most relevant traffic was too deep in the site, which explained why they weren’t getting any traffic.
We proposed a new website structure to help organise the pages better and distribute equity from the homepage to the relevant landing pages. This provided a more logical and contextual connection between the pages.
The new website structured looked like this:
The inner pages relevant to the target keywords were losing traffic, as most of the keyword equity directed to the homepage. The new website strcture established a better connection amongst the other pages on the website to ensure that the homepage did not cannibalise the ranking achieved from the more specific pages.
The targe keyword was used both on the homepage and on the relevant landing pages with long-tail variations and other Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) keywords to help solidify their position in Google.
Website Content Creation and Improvement
The content on the homepage was improved to highlight the unique selling proposition of the client. Some of the existing content on the homepage that was not relevant to their business was transferred to other areas of the website or removed entirely to avoid losing ranking. Some parts of the content were rewritten due to keyword stuffing and/or poor quality. New pages were also introduced to provide contextual support to the landing page with the target keyword.
> From 2,500 monthly visitors to 8,000 monthly visitors, amounting to a growth of 300%.
> Over 100 keywords in the top 5 positions in Google.
> 50 keywords ranking in the top 3 positions in Google.
Through website restructuring, content creation, and internal linking, the client was able to rank for their target keywords and claim the top positions in the search results. The client was happy with the result and had this to say about our service.
Competition in our industry is very steep and we know how much marketing online can make a difference to getting customers. We worked with a digital marketing agency before, but unfortunately, they weren’t able to provide the results our company needed. Transferring our account to our new agency was the best decision we made. Steve and his team provided us with a new website design and implemented an effective SEO strategy that helped us get more leads. Our bottom line has increased significantly and our business is growing. – Kelvin Rodriguez
Automate Your Lead Generation
Find out how we can get you more traffic and leads on autopilot.